Thursday, March 15, 2007

My Heart

Hey guys! I've missed everyone!! Smart Guy is gone this evening and won't be home until late. Everyone's fed, bathed, read to, prayed with, tucked in, and kissed goodnight! It's finally quiet in my house. All the lights are off, so I can't see the mess that's around, so I'm gonna pretend it's not there for the next little while and actually post about what's been on my mind and heart.

Lately, for a few months, I've been feeling like there is something that I need to be doing. I've been growing more and more restless working with teenagers in the local church. The majority of the kids we work with were born in the church. They are rude, apathetic, and seemingly stuck on being average teens instead of amazing disciples for Christ. Not all of them, but a bunch. I feel the need to focus on one hurting kid. Feeling the need to focus on one and making a big difference rather than spreading it out and hoping to possibly make a small difference.

I finally think I've discovered who that child is. She's actually in our church. She's one of those kids whose been there for a long-time, but she's different. She's always smiling on the outside. Inside, she's a nightmare. Her parents truely do not think that what she's being tormented with inside her is something to be taken seriously. She has a form of OCD. OCD is the #2 reason that young people committ suicide. Second only to eating disorders. My heart breaks for her. I want to help her. I want to love on her and show her the love of her Heavenly Father. He understands. What I don't understand, is how a parent can not take this incredible hurt of their child so seriously that it causes them pain inside too.

I guess my biggest revelation today has been that I don't have to go far to find that hurting person who I'm feeling pulled toward. She's been right under my nose since we got here last June. She's a willing person. She loves to be loved on. She doesn't shy away from a hug. She's aching for help and understanding. She yearns for someone to say she's not just being a drama queen. She's not.

Pray for me please. Pray for her please. Pray for her parents please. Her life could do a major flip flop if her parents would just accept that it's real and not something she's doing for attention.

Anyway, I've gotta get some stuff done before I retire to the bedroom to put today's laundry away! Goodnight friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie. Go to her and be with her. Take her under your wing and do what you do best. Sending prayers up!!