Wednesday, April 11, 2007

One Day At a Time

Hey there everyone! It's been a few days so I thought I'd post a little. I'm at Mom and Dad's house... have been since Sunday. I needed to get out of the walls of my house and I needed my mom. She's got a mom threatening premature labor so she couldn't come to me, so I came to her. Bee's here with me and the boys are at home with Smart Guy so they can go to school. Plan's are to go home tomorrow sometime, but we'll see what happens. I'm doing better as I finished the antibiotics on Monday evening. When I didn't take a dose in the morning yesterday, I was amazed how much better I felt by lunchtime... I wasn't nauseous, my appetite came back, and I actually drug myself off the couch. Mom and I took Bee over to the state park nearby, played on the playground, threw rocks in a lake, saw some geese, and walked around a little. I was tired after, but the fresh air was awesome.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes guys, wether here or on your blogs... once again I say this whole extended cyber-blog family thing is amazing. Mom, Dad, Bee, and I are all going to Red Lobster for dinner tonight.. my favorite. I'm getting butterflied-shrimp, baked potatoe, and a salad and I'm going to enjoy it... just not all of it or I'll end up sick, so I'm sharing with Bee. Then Dad is going to bring Bee back home and Mom and I are gonna go shopping for new pants and new shoes... no I never have bought new shoes since my rant several weeks ago about a haircut vs. shoes... so tonight Mom's getting them for my b-day.

Well, I must go get ready to leave for dinner... I love all you guys... thanks so much for all the love and prayers the past few weeks... keep 'em going if you don't mind, I'm still dealing with alot of fear that it'll all happen again. I'm working very hard to stay positive, live in today and not fear tomorrow.... One day at a time..... huh, easier said than done.

7 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

HaPpY bIrThDaY GrAcE!

I don't know why, I just like the look of alternating capital letters.

Yeah, living in the moment isn't something that comes naturally to us it seems. We get mired in the past, or anxious about the future, and have trouble enjoying the now. It's a choice we have to make, I think. It has to be a conscious decision. That's so amazing that you're trying to focus on it. Your strength is really inspiring, you know that?

Inkling said...

Happy Birthday! I wanted to call you, but only have free time now......and it's dinner time where you are. So....I'll call you tomorrow. Meanwhile, I wrote my version of a sappy birthday card for you on my blog. Sending you much love and oodles of hugs.

p.s. Thanks for your comment to Farmwife when she was so cruel about Custard Cup and the apple crisp. =)

Amy Harden said...

Happy Birthday! Glad to hear that things are looking up.

zann said...

Okay, I'm totally late, But just wanted to wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Thang!!

I love ya!!

Anita said...

Happy Belated Birthday Grace, Sorry I am a day late.
Hope it was wonderful being with your mom. Tell her hi for me!

Farm Fairy & Bruno said...

How was your birthday? I love red lobster...oh those chees biscuits!
Did you have a wonderful time? Are you feeling better? Hope so. Love you tons.