Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Misunderstanding

I have to apologize to my blogger readers. If you just happen across my blog or get it from a link on someone else's blog that's fine. I love that there are people out there all over the place who enjoy my blog as I do so many that I read. The idea that I have been "inspiring" to even one person makes my head swell a tad bit though. I know, I'm pathetic.

The problem is this... someone in our church gave one of the "higher ups" in our church my ANONYMOUS blog address so they could get the scoop on what Grace is writing on her blog thru all of this. Part of me wants them all to read it. I want them to know my heart. I want them to know the hurt they've caused. The wounded child inside me wants them to hurt like we hurt. But I've been informed that instead of reading it and listening and feeling our pain, they've walked across the hall and said "listen to this, can you believe this" type of things. To be honest this makes me want to put on a really nasty post pointing fingers at one specific person that I know has been reading and has not told my hubby or myself. As a matter of fact I did put one on. I hit publish around 1 am this morning. I went to bed with a headache. I couldn't sleep at all, and around 4 am I got out of bed, copied and pasted it to a new post, saved it, didn't publish it, and then deleted the original. So, while you guys didn't get to read it, unless of course you were up in the middle of the night lurking or in another time-zone, I still have it. One slip of the mouse and it's published for all to see.

So, for some unwritten blog etiquette... if you read a friend's blog and that friend uses pseudonyms for privacy, do not give out their address unless you have their permission. Some people don't get it. They think because my blog is public that it's out there for all to see anyway, and I get that, I really do. The fact of the matter is this though, unless you're a family member, a friend, a friend of a friend that I've come to consider a personal friend, you don't know who I am personally unless I tell you who I am. No one else has the right to "reveal me" by giving out my address with my name.

I want to say thank you to the person who "delurked" themself in my last post. I don't know them, they found me thru someone else's blog. That's fine, I expect that. I think the circle of blogdom is an amazing friendship tool of our time if used properly and respectfully. The way I've come to accept this move and all the crap that has gone with it has been an amazing show of everyone's prayers thru my blog family. The people that I'm wanting to "delurk" themselves are the ones from my church that were actually given my address and told whose it was. My name's not really Grace by the way, for any of you that don't know that!

Just know that I love all you guys and don't want to go private. I think I'm just gonna ride this wave. It'll pass in a few weeks when we get moved to our new church and leave all this crap (except the enormous amount of medical bills we've got from the colonoscopy, three surgeries, and check-up out the wazoo since February that still havn't been paid for) behind and move on to a new church family.

12 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I'd be raging in your place, seriously raging. But I guess, underneath, really, really sad too. Again, sorry you have to deal all this. Know that you have us loving you and praying for you through it.

Anonymous said...

I love you even more. your integrity and morality along with smart guy continue to inspire me. I hope that he continues with his blogs..(I enjoy reading them in lurkdom)

Inkling said...

I'm sorry you had to go through all that, but like I said on the phone, maybe, just maybe, that dude will learn a thing or two about being real, about caring, and about having a backbone. (How's that for a run-on sentence?) Anyway, kudos to you for being real and for being honest. Kudos to Smart Guy for having dignity, diplomacy, and grace toward the goobers who were in leadership at that place. I wish I could be as quiet and righteous as he. But alas, I don't want to. Yes, I know. God has a big job when it comes to making me like Jesus. Sometimes I wonder how He keeps going with me. I'm signing off before I get in any more trouble.

Anonymous said...

Ang:

I will continue to blog and you are free to lurk.

Smart Guy

Brando said...

I lurk here and while I do not know you. I know Farmwife. I love to read about Inkling, and I have prayed and cared about you these past months.

I am greatly disappoined in "those" people. I am sure that they are not reading the same Bible as me. I hope that remember the compassion that Jesus taught about. I am sure that they are so angry becuase they are disappointed in themselves, and if they are not they should be.

God Bless you. You sweet strong, courageous woman.

Amy Harden said...

Something I should have mentioned last night is, I am so incredibly impressed at how outwardly peaceful smart guy has been in his words to the leadership at our church. I sincerely wish I had the grace to see the Jesus in situations such as this.

I don't think I would have the integrity to handle something so ugly with the grace that he has shown. You married well Grace. (that said, I think Smart Guy did an outstanding job in marrying such as solid and steadfast wife as well.)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Amy for the words. I appreciate it. I think that I would have handled this situation a lot worse coming right out of college.

I really am into this " we make things way too complicated "

I just want to have positive relationships, love God, and love others.

If we all did that .. life would run so much smoother.

Thanks for the night.

Smart Guy

Anonymous said...

OK...girl... I get it! but, I gotta tell you that this mother is glad that some of those people have read it! If you are reading this...KNOW...you were wrong!...dead wrong!...and still are. They would have NEVER moved up here if you had not told them they would have group insurance...but that aside, you put a good couple with 3 wonderful children in a bind... not the speak of the fact that my daughter has been DEATHLY ILL...and I mean DEATHLY ILL and you all seemed not to care! I wonder if you know that other churches and other people...some of which "Grace" has never physically put her arms around came to her aide...O yes I will give those of you wonderful people who brought food credit...but did you know that she had THREE surgeries and only once was there anyone from the church there...ANGRY...you bet I am... so if any of you "powers that be" are reading this...know your church has a deep...deep spiritual problem...and a leadership that failed in their duties with this young man...you have deeply hurt a family...who by the way simply wants to serve teens and teach them of Jesus...I wonder...what would the man you claim to know have done? I say once again..."God's" people have shined...my tongue is in my cheek...
I love you my daughter...your integrity along with you...my son-in-law has been amazing.
Hold on you will come out stronger for this journey.
Mom
PS...
Enjoyed the weekend!

Anonymous said...

Amy...just read your post and I want to ditto your comments...Smart Guy...I am impressed with your display of intregriy...and I am proud to call you son-in-law and daddy to my grandbabies!
Love you man!
Sue

Farm Fairy & Bruno said...

i love you...your family, your blog.....you inspire me all the time.....let them read...shame will follow when those without integrity....

Nan said...

I hope you know I come by often to read, but don't always comment. I love it that you come by my blog to check on me too.

I've been out of the loop with this wedding that's coming up, and didn't know about all the stress "those people" in your church are causing you.

I hope if you go private, you'll give your address to Farm Wife so she can e-mail it to me. I'd hate to lose touch.

Sarah said...

Like Nan, I read often, don't often comment. Hpe you don't go private, but if you do, wander by my neck of the woods and let me know how to find ya via comment...

I'm so sorry y'all are going thru this.