Thursday, August 30, 2007

Brace Yourself

I realized as I was loading these pics that I hadn't shared with you about Bee's orthopedic appointment on Tuesday! She saw a new doc for her back, and he was great. She had x-rays done first and she did wonderful while they did them. After the eye incident, I wasn't sure she'd handle it well, but we talked about it before we went in and she did great!! The x-ray showed her scoliosis to have a 40 degree curve. This is pretty significant for a 4-year-old child. The doc decided that she needs to wear a brace! Oh boy, oh boy! So today we went to have a casting of her torso made so that the brace can be made. She was able to pick how she wanted it to look. She chose a white brace with pink and purple butterflies and pink straps. We go back on Sept. 12 to pick it up! I took these pics so she'd have record of this day. She wanted them on my blog! So, here they are!!


Daddy and Bee sharing a secret while we waited for the orthotics guy to come in !


Daddy and Bee sharing a joke while we waited!


Getting her underthings on to prepare for the nasty plaster coating! She was initially very unhappy about this very ugly "dress".


Getting drawn on so the the casting could be made! I couldn't believe how still she stood and let him draw around her bones. Normally she's very ticklish.



Getting wrapped up like a mummy in wet and gooey plaster wraps!


Patiently letting the plaster harden! She was so still I thought for sure she'd pop before they were done! When the orthotics guy told her she'd have to be completely still for at least five minutes, she said "I am not able to do that." Normally she can't, but she did today!


Getting the plaster cleaned up!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I am so proud of you for handling that so well, Bee!!