Wednesday, August 22, 2007

First Day of Third Grade

Well, they are off to start their first day of third grade in a new school. Prophet was so excited that it was after midnight before he fell asleep. I finally got him a snack and told him he could read by the hallway light in hopes that he'd get sleepy. It didn't work. He ended up in tears because he was afraid he wouldn't get a good enough nights sleep to have a good first day of school. They were both up and going easy this morning. We had blueberry applesauce, whole wheat pancakes for breakfast and off they went, walking to school with Daddy. They're getting so big.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you My sweet daughter,
I laughed, I smiled, and I remembered when they were born...
Yes, they are getting big.
I love you so much...
Mom

Inkling said...

DK is still all DK. You can totally see how ornery he can be. I loved his pictures. And Prophet is getting to be so handsome, and seems to have such depth behind those eyes and stylish glasses. Tell them both that Sara Orange thought they were extremely handsome on their first day of school, and that she hopes they blog about it so she can hear all about it. And of course, give them a huge hug from me and tell them that I love them so very much. Gee whiz, could a redhead's heart hurt anymore with missing them and loving them? If my heart were examined and love could be seen by a doctor, they would never believe that those kids weren't related to me at all.

crt said...

how did there day go?

crt said...

their day not there day, maybe i should join them for 3rd grade english class...

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! They do look so grown up! A mother's memories are so very precious. I am ancient and still remember all of the firsts. Hug them close because it will be gone before you turn around twice. Could be that's why you felt like shit this morning. Love, nlt

Lauren said...

Wow... 3rd grade! They look so grown up, with that hint of boyish mischief in their eyes...