Sunday, August 19, 2007

Now It's "Officially" Home

Prophet, D.K., and Bee with their Grannie and Pa and my wonderful Mom and Dad!!

Well, my mom has been in my new home. She loves it. She says it "looks like me". I know I'm 33 years old, but I still love my mother's approval and praise. I worked hard on Friday to get my house "standing tall" (my mothers term for a clean and neat home)for her. Even though I've lived in our new home for about 7 weeks now, it feels more like home now that she's been here to visit.

They got in late Friday night. Smart Guy and the boys were in Akron with a group from church at a minor league baseball game. They didn't get home until around midnight. We walked to breakfast and the farmers market Saturday morning. After that we walked home and played around at home for the afternoon. We made pork roast, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob (farmers market), and tomato slices (farmes market) for dinner. For dessert we had vanilla ice cream with organic spelt flour gingersnap cookies from the farmers market. After dinner, we walked to the playground around the corner to play until it was dark. We came home, watched some Disney, and went to bed. After church this morning, the kids and I gave Mom and Dad a tour of the church, and then we all went out to lunch at a little Greek restaurant downtown. Then we came home, took pictures, and they left for home. It was a quick and way too short visit.

We'll be going to their house for Labor Day Weekend in two weeks. After that who knows when we'll see them again. Probably not until the holidays... which sucks rocks and dirt big time!! I love our new little town, but I hate that it's so far away from Mom and Dad!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of you and your family...Your home is wonderful.
Love you all so much...and yes it was short.
Mom

FarmWife said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FarmWife said...

Sorry, that last one was me.
I don't remember the last time I saw your dad. You and your mom couldn't deny each other if you wanted to!

I totally understand the need to have your mom at your house for it to feel like home. My mom was here the weekend we moved in, but only long enough to see the house. It made me feel much better though.