Tuesday, August 21, 2007

School Starts Tomorrow

Okay, can I just say that I feel like shit right now? I don't know why? Well, it could be too much dessert at dinner I guess. We ended up going to Ryan's for dinner to celebrate the last day of summer vacation. I got a little tiny brownie and a bowl of banana pudding the FIRST time I went up, and then when I went up with Bee to get her dessert, I got the same thing over again. We've removed almost all refined sugar and corn syrup from our diets, using mainly honey to sweeten things, so I'm thinking that I've simply got too much sugar running thru my veins!! I fell asleep in the car on the way home from the restraunt. It's only about a 7 minute drive... that's how lousy I feel.

When we got home, we packed up the boys school supplies and walked over to the school for open house night so they could meet their new teachers and see their new classrooms. They're both excited to get school started and meet their new friends. I have no idea how they feel because I was never the new kid at school. I went to school with the same kids from kindergarten thru high school graduation. The only time I got new kids in my class was when three grade schools joined into one middle school in 7th grade. They say they arent' nervous! I hope not. Prophet just came down for the third time while I've been sitting here. He can't sleep. I asked if he was scared about school starting. He said no, he just wants to get there and meet everyone.


"Lord, please wrap your arms around my boys tomorrow as they walk into a new school year, with new friends, new teachers, a new building, new routines, new everything... Help them to feel at home. Help them to feel good about themselves. Help them to have a good experience. Help the other kids to show them kindness and include them. Please keep them safe and protect their innocence while they are away from us. Help them to remember Whose children they are and that You are always with them. Please be with their new teachers as they get to know my precious little people. Help them to be patient with Prophet as he asks a million questions a day. Help them to be kind and not harsh. Help them to have the wisdom they need to teach their class. Please be with me as I hear their absence in the house, for it's been a loud summer, but I'll miss the activity of having them with me. Hold them tight!! Amen."

No comments: