Monday, February 19, 2007

Finally!!

I don't have much time, but while I sit on my butt and watch Smart Guy picking up the house, I thought I'd let everyone know that we made it to Mom and Dad's after school today. Bee got to open her new easel and is very excited. It's sitting in the corner of the dining room right now because her craft room is way too messy to put it in there at the moment. I told her if she wants it in there, she has to clean it up.

Saturday was my mom's b-day, so I baked a two layer yellow cake and frosted it with homemade chocolate-cream-cheese icing... which I never would have thought of but Inkling made it many months ago for Henry David and it sounded good. I used melted milk chocolate chips for the chocolate. It was delicious, but my was it sweet. Neither of the round cakes came out of their pan in one piece, despite being well-oiled and floured. I was rather irritated, but it worked out in the end... lots of frosting covers a multitude of sins.... causes some too I suppose. We had Disney princess plates, cups, napkins, and blow-outs. It was very festive. My grandma didn't realize how big the Disney princesses were with the young-girl-set these days and was just amazed at how colorful and vibrant they were and that all the "princesses" from all the different movies were on one napkin.

Well, I've gotta make heart-shaped jello jigglers for Bee to take to her birthday/late Valentine's day party (no school last week due to a foot and a half of snow). We have to leave home by 7:45 tomorrow and I won't be home until after 3:30 or so. I know for any full-time, working moms out there, this doesn't seem like a big deal, but to many of us that's a long day and I'll be ready to vedge at home tomorrow night!!

Have a good night and fun tomorrow!! Hugs to everyone!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad Miss Bee enjoyed Gramma's gift. Don't work too hard tomorrow. Hugs.

FarmWife said...

So glad you finally made it to your folks! And that Bee got her haul of gifts...so important!!!

Lauren said...

An easel.... how fun! You'll have to post some of her artwork!