Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Holy Cow!!

We ended up with around 17 inches of snow! I only know that because of the news. There's no way to actually measure the stuff around here. In one place you can see little bits of grass sticking out and right next to that area, there's an almost four foot drift. It's really cool lookin'!!

The kids went out to play in it yesterday afternoon, while it was still coming down. After spending 10 minutes getting her dressed, Bee only stayed out long enough to fill a pot with snow for ice cream and to make a snow angel. She'd had enough. She came in and stripped everything off. The boys on the other hand had to be called in after a half-hour or so. They were frozen by the time they came in, but they were happy. After everyone was in and warmed up, we made snow ice cream. We mixed sweetened condensed milk and vanilla into the snow and ate it. It was actually pretty tasty and the kids thought it was so cool to eat the snow!!

I am being blamed for this huge storm. I have said many times that I wanted at least one good snow my first winter back in the midwest. I meant one good, midwestern size snow.... like we had last week... about 6 inches or so. It's been along time since the midwest has gotten this much snow at one time and it's all my fault!!

My mom, the crazy doula, has been hunkered down in her office since Monday evening. One of her clients is due on the 21st and she went about a week or so early last time. My parents actually lives about 45 minutes from town and Mom new the roads would be a nightmare, so she decided to stay in town and sleep in her office just in case the woman went into labor. So her and Dad have been apart during the entire storm. So if you weren't convinced of her committment to her job before, I'm sure you are now. Personally I think if you're crazy enough to hire someone who lives 45 minutes away and you're due in February, you know you're running the risk of bad weather and the possibility of your doula not being able to get there. I guess I lack the committment my mom has at this point in my life.

That's the snow report for the day... later!!

2 comments:

Queen Mother said...

My goodness child you should write a book and go on tour.
Call it "Dazed in Delivery".
What you have been through is amazing and how you came through it is just as amazing.


Happy Birthday
Miss Bee
enjoy your gum and your big birthday number 4

Anonymous said...

SNOW DAY SNOW DAY SNOW DAY SNOW DAY

Enjoy sweety!