Saturday, February 3, 2007

Haircuts, Neuro-Dog, B-ball, and Cold Snaps

My hair is cut, my laundry is being worked on, my house isn't as bad as it seemed, my shoe at least stays on my foot, my ear has been hurting a few times the last few days from talking to everyone on the phone so long, I got a nap this afternoon, and I've decided (with no guilt, well maybe a little) that my boys are having school lunches this week while I get caught up and have appointments for myself and Bee. Thanks for all the encouragement.

I got my haircut yesterday afternoon and I really like how it turned out. I also enjoyed the conversation while she cut it. It's always relaxing to have someone wash your hair and then style it. She only charged me $17 too... that's the cheapest haircut I've had for a long time.

We are "babysitting" Jessie the neurotic black lab that belongs to my parents. They are having an early birthday weekend for my mom in Indi. She has a baby due around her b-day later in the month and can't leave then. Mom and Dad stayed over last night and went to Prophet's basketball game this morning. When we left the game, they left for Indi and we went home.... to find that Jessie had peed twice in my house and had eaten an entire loaf of whole wheat bread. It's a good thing I love her. She's so funny. At mom and dad's house she knows she's not allowed on the furniture. At our house, Bowzer's not allowed on the furniture. But Jessie has decided that it's okay to sleep on the chair in our living room. She got up there and just spread out everywhere. Oh well, at least she feels at home!!

Bee continues her new teenage venacular. She keeps saying things like... "Mommy, this shirt sooooo needs to go in the Libby (my cousins baby) stuff, it's sooooo small on me," and "I'm sooooo totally tired of this cold, I soooo want to move back to AL." I think I've figured out that it's coming from all the teeny-bopper shows on Disney. Yes, she watches them. The boys never did at her age, but they do now. They have to have something to watch and the preschool shows don't cut it now that they're in 2nd grade. Since they watch them, so does she. We only watch Disney though, Nickolodeon is, in my opinion, horrible once the preschool stuff ends in the afternoon. Yesterday when we picked up the boys from school, one of them asked her a question and her answer was.... "absolutely". I couldn't believe it when I heard my not yet four year old child say "absolutely". It was hilarious.

Prophet got to play in his basketball game this morning. They all played their little bahooney's off, but in the end they lost 28 - 20 in the last 3 minutes. He coughed a little, but really did pretty good. He loves to play. If you've never seen a bunch of K-2 graders play b-ball, I just have to say that it's entertaining to say the least. What they don't have in skill, they make up for in humor. They'll carry the ball half-way down the court and then realize they need to be dribbling. They'll shoot and completely miss even the backboard. There's always someone on the floor. Prophet's team coach seems like really nice guy. He had three of his kids with him on the sidelines today. His daughter in on the team. Then he had a 3 or 4 year old boy, and a 6 month or so baby with him. He coached most of the game holding the baby on one arm while he (the baby) grinned at everyone over the sock he was chewing on. He was encouraging to the kids. He'd put an arm on their shoulders to give advice or encouragement with one arm and hold the baby with the other. Who said men can't multitask. He was doing a better job at it than Lauren or I could have. I was impressed.

This cold is getting old REALLY fast. It's currently 15 degrees with a wind chill of 0 degrees. During the night the wind chill is supposed to get down to 15 below. Tomorrow's wind chill is supposed to be 20 - 30 below. The high on Monday and Tuesday is supposed to be around 5 degrees. One of the school systems not too far from here has already delayed for Monday and Tuesday morning. It was the headline article yesterday because they did it sooooooo early they were getting alot of slack for it. The super. just simply said that no one could fault him for putting the welfare of the kids first and he wanted parents to have time to make arrangements for their kids. I don't think he's crazy. That's simply too cold for kids to be walking to the bus stops and standing there. They're saying that frost bite can set in in less than 10 mintes when the wind chill is that cold. Many of those kids are out longer than that between the walk and the wait. My hands get painful just walking out to the car with gloves on right now.

Well, I gotta go!! I love you guys and miss our daily chats horribly. I'm trying to talk Smart Guy into borrowing a computer from the youth room until we get a new one... we'll see if it works!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you and miss you tons. wish i had a computer to send to you for you to use.

hugs..come back when you can.
ang

Farm Fairy & Bruno said...

Missing you too....Okay all together now, pray for new puter....

FarmWife said...

Girl, you need a computer! I feel your pain. It's not the same blogging when it's not in the comfort of your own home...

All I can say is, you must really like Jessie!

And I can just hear Bee! BabyGirl has those moments. I have to stop and look at her to make sure I haven't picked up an 8th grader instead of my kindergartener!

Lauren said...

welcome back, at least for the moment!

my eyes are itching just thinking about jessie! (funny, that's crt's fat cat's name)

Nan said...

I love the little ones' basketball games! They're in it for the fun, and that makes it fun to watch.

Bee sounds like 4 going on 14. My gdaughter was like that. Sometimes she'll use a "mean girl" tone, and I'll say, "Eliza, watch the tone." She'll say, "Oops, sorry Nana", Then she'll repeat it in her sweet little girl voice. It's like she's bilingual.