Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Thought You Might Need a Laugh

I had a 5 pound cottage cheese container from church full of meatballs and sauce leftover from the teenagers Super Bowl party on Sunday night. So I thought I'd cook some whole wheat spaghetti noodles, mix them with the meatballs and sauce, put them in a casserole dish, bake with mozzerella on top, serve with salad and garlic bread and call it dinner. I boiled my noodles, drained them, mixed in the meatballs and sauce and went digging for a 9 X 13 dish. This is when it dawned on me that I need both of them for the jello jigglers that D.K. is taking to school for his birthday tomorrow. I'm figuring that we won't finish the entire dish tonight and I don't wanna have to wash it to make the jigglers, so I decided to use two 8 X 8 dishes instead. This seemed like a great idea until I started pouring the stuff into the first dish. Halfway thru the initial dump, I realized that I hadn't broken the noodles in half. This made pouring just half of the mixture into a small dish next to impossible. About the time I started to pull the pot away from the dish, the dish slipped sideways making the pot full of heavy noodles and meatballs fall forward. Well, let's just say that the mess took awhile to clean up. Thankfully I managed to keep it all on the counter so we are still having baked spaghetti and meatballs for dinner.

Lesson learned: If you want to put spaghetti noodles into two separate dishes, you need to either break them into small pieces before cooking so they will not dump out in one big clump, or you need to spoon them out with your spaghetti thingy!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummmm Honey did the mothership come to your house tonight and zapp at you for laughing earlier.

sounds like it's a day where you need to run not walk to bed.

I'm almost there now.

FarmWife said...

My first week at LCC (I got there a few days before orientation), I had a white chennile bedspread. As the caf. was not open yet, I made Spagetti-o's for lunch one day, walked to the bed and dumped the enitre bowl down the side of the bed spread!

Lauren said...

that sooo sound like something i'd do!

Anonymous said...

Okay so how is it that i haven't ever seen this?!!!! Like i had to call Rosemary and SHE told me about it!! I mean...your best friend...from Alabama and nothin'. i see how it is girlie...i see. Miss you something fierce!! Moooahhh!

Angie said...

http://angwmson.blogspot.com/

check me out...you are an inspiration... love you!

ang 2