Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Snow

Well the snow has about stopped. The roads are horrible now. They never did dismiss school early, which I couldn't believe. When Bee and I left to go get the boys we tromped thru the unshoveled snow at the front of the church, filled our shoes with frigid snow, had to clear the snow off the car to see, and then had to stand out in the wind to put gas in my van so I wouldn't run out while in line at the school. The card reader at the pump wouldn't read my card so I had to go in. By that time, my hands were freezing. I hated to leave Bee in the car, but there was no way I was gonna get her out in the cold just to walk in. So I locked the doors, ran in, watched the car and ran right back out. I pumped my gas and then left for the school. They hadn't plowed anything around the school so everyone was spinning their tires and the kids kept falling into the snow as they were getting in the cars. This wouldn't be a big deal if it were 30 degrees, but it's under 10 degrees and miserable.

Anyway, I've got everyone with me now. They're all excited to actually have a good snow. Hopefully it'll warm up enough for them to play in it tomorrow. It is pretty. Bowzer loves to jump around and eat it in the backyard. It's a very fun sight to take in.

So we have snow and freezing cold wind in the midwest and Ang, Temera, and Inkling have fog in the Northwest. I'm presently loving the snow, but I'm ready for spring to come in a month or so. We'll see!

Please pray for Lauren right now. Everyone that knows her, knows why. Those of you that don't, just know that she needs our prays for comfort right now.

Toodles!! Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you and the babes are home safe. don't risk going out to work tomorrow if you don't have to. hugs and love to you..stay safe and warm.

Lauren said...

Brrrr... you and crt have succeeded in making me cold.

thanks for your prayers. I'm doing as ok as can be expected, I guess.