Tuesday, February 6, 2007

It's Snowing

Good morning everybody!! It started snowing about an hour ago. The boys already had a two hour delay because of the intense cold, so they just left for school about 15 minutes ago and now I wouldn't be suprised if they get sent home early. I'm watching the snow fall right next to me thru my dining room window. It's so pretty. I think this is the hardest it's snowed during the daylight hours this year. They're saying we could get up to six inches. Cool!! Bee wants to put a bowl on the deck to catch the snow so we can make snow ice cream tonight!!

Well, I had my colonoscopy and endoscopy yesterday. I was totally out of commission from 4:30 Sunday afternoon after my first dose of the prep stuff until this morning. I felt completely horrible as I don't do well on no food at all. Jello and boullion does nothing for me... yuck. I ate it, but it sure didn't fill me up at all. Thankfully Mom was here seeing how Smart Guy was at the Super Bowl party at church with the youth. I was ready to pass out by the time they did the test at 2:00 yesterday afternoon. Fortunately they knocked me out good, so I don't remember a thing after saying "my lips feel wierd" and hearing the anestes -the "knock out guy" - say it was because of the meds. The next thing I remember is being back in the recovery room with Smart Guy waking up. I pretty much slept and layed around the rest of the day. I feel somewhat better today so I'm gonna go over and get some work done at church.

They found some mild erosion in my esophagus and some inflamation in my intestines. The dr. took several biopsies to send off so I should know something by Friday. Please pray!!

Can I just say this... "I'm so sick of hearing about the Super Bowl and the almighty Colts." Where we live most of our local news channels are based out of Indi, so that's all we've had on our news for two weeks or so now. Yesterday when the Colts landed at the airport, got on their busses, and rode all the way to the RCA dome.... we all got to watch the entire thing with a birds eye view from a helicopter camera. I do mean the entire thing.... I finally changed the channel. How silly is it to spend an entire news hour just watching a bunch of busses driving around on the interstate. I must say in defense of the midwest, there were only 8 people arrested in the celebrations of the game on Sunday. Most people managed to celebrate within the boundries of the law. Although many of the Indi schools had a problem yesterday morning when several of their busdrivers called in sick..... uh, yah, right, sick, I don't think so.... hungover maybe... There were actually a few school that even canceled school.... I'm sorry but what is wrong with us when sports has become so big in our country that school is called off and the gov't pays for security for the game... Sorry if this offends anyone, but that's screwed up priorities!!

Anyway, off my soapbox... I've gotta get ready to go over t the church in this snow and get some work done. Later!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are feeling a bit better today. I'll be praying for the results.