Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Just Get Over It

Hello everyone!! This'll be short... I've gotta go pick up Bee from Mr. and Mrs. Music's house where she is playing with Dora and then head home to put everyone in bed, do some laundry, and clean-up the house a little before my mom comes over tomorrow. The laundry is once again an issue. I feel like a broken record.... I gotta do laundry, skip, I gotta do laundry, skip, I gotta do laundry... I'm in a slump right now and can't get out. I don't want to clean my house. I don't want to do laundry. I don't want to pack lunches. I don't want to get out of bed. I need a long winter's nap, but don't have the time to have one. I can't seem to get the "gumption" up to get anything productive done though. Help.... what's wrong with me!! My hair needs cut really, really bad. I look like a slob right now no matter what I do with it. I finally made an appointment to get it cut on Friday afternoon a few hours ago. It's a new person... actually it's our children's minister. She's a licensed beautician and does hair on Friday's. My shoe has a rip and I can't afford to get new shoes and a haircut. And I havn't spoken to either of my best-friends or Cleanin' Cuz '75 for days now..... Okay, shutting up now!! I love you guys and I thank you for allowing me this safe place to vent and be annoyingly whiney!!

8 comments:

Inkling said...

Grace.....duct tape for your shoe, and a phone call from me sometime tomorrow or later. This time difference sucks, you know? About the time I want to call you, it's time for you to be off picking up children. I promise to call tomorrow, even if it's only to find out a time to chat later. Sorry we've been so busy here. It's not normally like that.....

Caslon said...

I know all about slumps. We just took down our Christmas tree last night... I don't have near the responsiblities you have and I have a hard time being motivated some times.
I hope you feel more like your self soon. If you lived near me I'd cut your hair for free. I like to cut hair, and I'm pretty good at it. Although other than my husband I'm a little out of practice lately.
:)

Lauren said...

you know your kids would love a field trip to ruby falls and the aquarium just so you can get a free haircut, grace! maybe caslon can practice on me. well, not the real-life caslon. caslon's "mommy".

i really would love to see a photo of caslon playing in the snow.... i wonder if we could find her? oh yeah, what snow?

i guess i'll take my insomniac ramblings elsewhere now...

Lauren said...

at least you got your tree up in the first place, caslon!

FarmWife said...

I feel you pain. I've been using the fact that Busah is sitting the boys today to get my rump in gear...the house is clean. Oddly clean...but only because everyone else is sleeping.

Dylan and Family said...

Grace...were you reading my mind? The never ending "laundry-cycle" is madness for me to and I am just as motivated.

I hope getting your hair-cut provides you with a feeling of being refreshed. It will be nice for you to get out for a few hours. If not, chocolate is always a good alternative. Although I don't believe that will help your shoe.

Take care.

Kristy

Anonymous said...

Sweetie. there isn't a mother alive that hasn't felt just like you are feeling now. You will feel better with a new haircut and put on a happy face and sometimes it works.
love, Non

Lauren said...

are you happy with your haircut??
miss your posts!