Sunday, January 14, 2007

It Wasn't My Kid

We made it to Sunday School this morning and we made it on time. Actually I even had enough time to go get a cup of hot tea before I went to class. I felt like I had a bunch of friends and sisters holding me accountable since I'd written about it last night!! Thanks!! Yeah, Mommy!!

We had some excitement at church this morning. All the children had just gone to the front of the worship space for children's time on the stage steps, before they then leave to go to children's worship in the education wing, when the fire alarms all over the building started blaring. Everyone calmly sat there and waited while we looked around for an answer to the noise. About the time the associate pastor announced for everyone to get out of the building, the children's pastor came down the hall and said it was a false alarm. One of the children (under three years old) who was in the nursery had pulled the switch down the hall!! Hey, all three of my children were within eye shot of Smart Guy and myself...

Of course this prompted a couple of annoying comments about having the "fire of the Holy Spirit" and such... oh brother!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm smiling on the outside for you sweety. I knew you could get to the church on time. I'm so proud of ya. Enjoy your day and find time to breathe and enjoy your scriptures.

zann said...

haha! That makes me happy to hear. Before I became a "storyteller" with the preschoolers, my co-teacher set me to the task as part of my duties as a "shepherd" to shoo my little three year olds away from the door leading outside and of course the fire alarm pull. It's amazing how attracted they are to that thing. Pulls and the color red don't make sense when it comes to adults looking for an alarm. But to two and three year olds red=toy and so does pull it seems. It can be very confusing coupled with curiosity. We had had the same thing happen at our church just weeks or so before I started working with the little guys :D

Lauren said...

Fun! People who say church is boring don't really go.

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! I am so proud of you! Now, if you did it today you can do it where ever you go, right? It is so considerate to others to be on time.