Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Bibles, Fighters, and Lasers

My boys have always enjoyed imagining what they're gonna do with their lives. They've planned their academic careers by planning to attend the same college. They've planned to live in a camper and be poor while digging for dinaosaur bones for D.K. They've planned to go to Africa and hunt wild animals. The other night they announced their plans to play college basketball. So, they're newest pursuit for their future shouldn't have suprised me, but it was hilarious.

Yesterday in the car, Prophet was reading his Bible when he asked me if there were any cities in America where it was against the law to read your Bible. I said, "No, as long as your in America you can always read your Bible." He was content for a minute and then asked where it was against the law, apparently having heard this somewhere. Off the top of my head, I told him China was one of the places where you weren't allowed to be a Christian or read your Bible. He asked "Well, what if you want to be a Christian and tell people about Jesus there." I said "Well, you have to decide if Jesus is worth going to jail for."

At this point D.K. pipes in and says "Well, I'm not going to jail," I took this to mean that he wouldn't be sharing his faith with another living soul if it meant a jail sentence, but then he said... "it's a good thing I'm a good fighter, I've been practicing, I can run real fast and get away from them before they can put me in jail."

So, the rest of the drive to Mom and Dad's house was spent listening to the boys figure out how they would escape from jail after they had told everyone in China about Jesus. They have decided that they are going to invent a very small laser to carry with them so they can cut thru the cell bars, escape, and then tell everyone about Jesus again. Inkling says we should probably tell them about the strip search they'll have to endure and that their laser will probably be discovered then... maybe we should tell them, it could make for some great entertainment.

6 comments:

FarmWife said...

I laughed so hard I thought I'd suffer from bladder problems!! How funny and faithful! They are gems!

Anonymous said...

don't torture them too hard while they are away .. i will have to damage control upon return

the hubby

Lauren said...

i think hubby still has a set of handcuffs around here from his cop days. they could practice escaping from them.

Dylan and Family said...

What a great story and what imaginations! I bet they came up with a few creative ways to escape jail terms. Thanks for sharing.

Also, do you mind if I link your site? Please feel free to link mine!

Kristy

Anonymous said...

That cracks me up! You need to save this memory by printing off your blogg entry for them when they are older.

I am going to have to tell B & R about the boys plan as if they are back in China adopting another child they just might see a couple people run past them as fast as speeding bullets with lasers in their hands, they will know to stand back out of their way as they are on a mission, a mission from God! HA HA HA! I love it!

Ruby

Anonymous said...

Wonderful memories...I agree Ruby...I tell her all the time to write a book of memories...she has wonderful stories of the kiddos...
Mom