Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Yes, I'm Still Here

Man I've missed everyone. My computer is officially dead so I'm having to do all my computer stuff at church right now. I've been trying to read everyone's posts, but just don't have time to post myself too. Hopefully we'll be getting our settlement money from the wreck soon and I can get a new one then.

Anyway, we're all better. Prophet and D.K. went back to school yesterday. Prophet and Bee are still coughing, but that'll probably last for awhile, especially Prophet's cough. He'll hack for a few more weeks yet. He's at basketball practice with Smart Guy right now, hopefully he's not hacking up a lung while he's running around.

It's freakin' cold here. The wind chill was around seven below when we got up this morning. It snowed during the night and has continued to flurry really hard, wierd I know, all day today. It so windy that walking outside is miserable. I just have to keep reminding myself that I love my mom dearly and I really do love living back in the midwest rather than the much more comfortable Alabama. Although I hear it's pretty durn cold down there for them right now too. It's supposed to snow more tonight and tomorrow night. It seems like it's snowed alot here, but we hardly have anything on the ground because the wind just keeps blowing it away. I'm gonna feel really cheated if I don't get a good snowstorm this first winter back in the midwest.

Last night we were in Toys R Us exchanging a toy that D.K. had gotten for Christmas because he already had it. We were the only ones there, I've never seen the place so quiet in my life. Anyway, we walked down the Disney princess aisle and Bee saw a package of princess makeup... ya know, the little nail polish's, lip glosses and such. She looked at it and said "Mommy, I soooo totally need that for my birthday." I about busted-a-gut laughin' at her. Then she turned around and there sat the Little Mermaid kitchen that she's been pleading for for months. I have told her no several times because she already has a little tikes kitchen in her room. When she looked at that, she said, "I sooo don't have room for that in my bedroom." I'm sooooo totally sure she's spending too much time with the teens. She's hilarious.

We spent an hour in there and D.K. didn't get anything with his money from the exchange. He's like his mother, he has to make sure it's just the right thing for the right money and he doesn't wanna have to regret spending his money. Prophet on the other hand, took his money in and spent it on some crazy spy-gadget thing that'll probably break in a week or so anyway. I tried to talk him out of it, but he went back to it 3 times, so I finally gave in. It's his money after all. Could be a tough lesson learned though.

I'm having a colonoscopy and a gastrocopy (sp) both next Monday. So basically, I'm having a tube stuck in both ends of my digestive tract. Sounds like fun doesn't it!! The best part is the sedation, it's very relaxing. The worst part is the prep the day before. The stuff you have to swallow is horrible tasting and I've never managed to keep it all down without throwing half of it up. Somehow though I always manage to get everything cleaned out of there so the doctor so can see what he needs to see. Oh yah, the other fun part about the colonoscopy is the air they pump into your colon so the tube can go in. Well, putting the air in isn't much fun I guess, but the ginormous release of air the first time you sit on the potty afterwards is hilarious and very relaxing. LOL!! I know I'm wierd.

Bee's MRI for yesterday has been rescheduled for Feb. 9. She's still coughing and they can't do it when your coughing because you'll just ruin the pictures. Hopefully the cough will be gone by then.

Well, Smart Guy and Prophet will be back soon and we're gonna go get pizza. It's family night at our Pizza Hut. The kids eat free, get free ice cream, they have a clown who makes balloon things. It's alot of fun in a mommy and daddy sort of way. Hopefully I can get back on here tomorrow some time, if not I'll catch up as soon as I can. 'Til then, I love y'all and miss chatting alot!!

4 comments:

FarmWife said...

We've suffered some serious buyer's remorse with Christmas gifts...at least I have. Remember that Wishing Fairy Dora? Yeah, she won't play with it now (can I just say, I told you so?).

Hope all the testing goes well...why can't they make that medicine in tablet form? Yuck!

Anonymous said...

warning while reading this blog I was sitting down to a homemade ground breast turkey burger. Somehow the burger took on a different taste as I neared the middle of this post.

Anyway. I am praying that your testing goes well for you and that Miss Bee's cough is gone by the time her test comes around again. Mom and Gram have had the pleasure of having those tests, but I have been repreived of them. (thank goodness for the moment)

Hugs to you and Miss you
Love
Ang

Lauren said...

yeah, the musical table thing is a near flop here.. she likes it sometimes, but not as much as i thought she would.

you crack me up grace, you are the only person i've met who almost sounds like they really don't mind a colonoscopy. i'll be praying that they get whatever info they need...

Grace said...

Sorry, I should have put a warning on the beginning of that post of graphic content!! LOL It's such a part of my life unfortunatley, that I forget.

Farmwife they do make the prep in tablet form, but it costs $60 and insurance doesn't pay for it. The other is under $5. So, I'll just have to suffer I guess. If y'all wanna take up a donation, I'd gladly accept. LOL

Trust me Lauren, I hate it, but if they put you to sleep good, you don't even know it's happening. Like I said they worst part is the prep and starving to death for two days.