Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Can't Think of a Title to Save My Life

It is sooooo cold. It's only 11 degrees. The good news is that there is no precipitation and it's not windy at all. It's after ten 'o clock and the frost still hasn't melted away.

The saga of the rabbit continues. Bowzer is obsessed with getting under the deck to get them. He has scratched up the deck and dug up the yard. He's so anxious to get the thing that he actually drools the entire time he's out there. Ang, if you would be in the market for a moose, I'd almost be willing to send him to you with 500 lbs of dog food free of charge. Because he's digging, his paws are muddy and he tracked it all over my house!! We have toyed with the idea of getting a kitten, but I'm not sure that he wouldn't try to kill it after watching him!!

I talked to Cleanin'Cuz '75 yesterday. She lives in the Greater Nashville area. She said last week they were at the park without jackets and this week it freezing cold... crazy weather. Smart Guy and I are trying to plan a trip down there in the next month or two. When we lived in AL, I would drive up there or she'd drive down to me every couple months, so we saw each other often. I miss our visits. With Smart Guy's weekend schedule, it can be hard to do weekend trips, so we'll see!!

Cleanin' Cuz, you'll love this.... Bee woke up (kinda) at about 10:30 last night, three hours after she went to bed, crying and rolling around in her bed saying "ouchie, ouchie". I couldn't figure out what was wrong because she wasn't really coherent enough to tell me. She finally grabbed her feet and pulled on them. When I looked at then with her blanket sleeper on, it looked like she had her toes all curled up. When I felt them, I knew what the problem was immediately. I picked her up and carried her to our bed, unzipped her jammies, pulled her feet out and sure enough.... she had ballet slippers on with her sleeper. Real ones that Cleanin' Cuz '75's daughter June (D.K picked this name for some reason) passed on to her last fall. Smart Guy helped her put her jammies on and when she said she wanted to wear the ballet slippers with her jammies, he saw no problem with it. By the time she woke up crying, her toes had been scrunched up for three hours and she couldn't stretch them out. When I took them off and her toes relaxed, she started screaming in pain. Now, you would think she'd have learned her lesson, but just now when I went to put on her jammies tonight, she wanted to put them back on... I didn't let her!!

Bee and I went to McD's with Mrs. Music and her little girl Dora this afternoon. We then went over and played at their house for awhile. It was fun having girl time with someone here. I've never been one to find close friends in any of the churches we've been in!! I usually stick to my far away best-friends. It's too hard when you leave a church or when something happens in the church and people start choosing up sides on something to have a close relationship with someone. It happened in one of the churches we were in and it hurt when I felt that she betrayed me. Mrs. Music is also a staff wife, which makes it seem safer to befriend her. Maybe it is, maybe it's not.

There's only been one friend in any of the churches we've been in that I could count as a good friend that never did anything to hurt the trust I had in her. She and her hubby were always there to stand in the gap for Smart Guy if the need arose and was always honest when the occasion called for it, instead of being sweet one minute and then turning into someone else and being horrible the next. If he did something stupid, she told him right then, instead of pulling it out of nowhere to use against him at a later time like most people would do. We did things together on occasion, and she chastized me on a regular basis about not giving it all up to God and know that I could trust her completely. I miss her. We certainly don't have a youth sponsor like her up here yet.

I'm watching the new season of American Idol and typing during commercials. They're in Seattle tonight. They keep talking about the rain... fathom that!! I actually feel like I have a connection with that area now that I have friends up there... cool!!

Well, I need to go talk with my hubby, he just got home from his evening meetings and it's now 8:38 pm. Yes, the time on this post is probably gonna be sometime this morning when I started posting. I ran out of time. We went for a girls day, picked up the boys from school, went to the church to get three hours of work in, came home around 7:00, ate dinner, and then put the kids to bed by myself, which is a very rare thing for us!! So, goodnight dear friends and family!! I love you all and send cyber hugs your way!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a full and productive day. I have a feeling you'd change your mind regarding moose once the rabbit(s) decides to vacate his/her/their luxurious enclosed surroundings underneath your deck. Not to mention I would have several children not too happy with their cyber auntie. Now that would not be a good first impression would it?

Have a great, warm, and safe day.
Hugs
Ang

Lauren said...

how about BRRRRRRRRRR for a title?

Let me know what you think of AI. Hubby would rather die than watch it. We watched Armed & Famous, Criminal Minds, and CSI.... I see a theme here. I think I deserve some AI.

Anonymous said...

D.K. might have picked the name June because that is the name of the little girl on Little Einsteins that likes to dance.

Love ya,
Cleanin' Cuz

Farm Fairy & Bruno said...

Glad your all well, sorry but that huge dog of yours would not last long at Ang's as the baby would want her auntie farm fairy to put the training saddle on him ...we are sending you hugs right back...xoxoxo