Monday, January 8, 2007

Mommy, Why Are You Laughing At Me?

This afternoon around 1:30 I finally told Bee it was time to get dressed. So she went upstairs to do so. She came down in red tights with a cute little mint green and lavendar skirt and top. She was stylin'! Honestly I was too impressed that she got the tights on by herself (I know what I go thru to put hose on, thus the reason I only wear them once in a blue moon) to make her change them and we weren't gonna be leaving the house anyway, so she stayed in that outfit the rest of the day.

At one point this evening she walked over to me tugging at her hip and said "Mommy, I'm having issues here." That was enough to make me laugh, but when I lifted up her skirt I could see what the issue was. The last time she had used the potty, she had apparently pulled up her tights but had neglected to pull up her panties first, thus they were in a rolled up knot sitting around her thighs while the tights were practically pulled up to her neck. I lost it! I started giggling and couldn't stop!! The red tights, the mint green outfit, the panties... it was too much. Poor little Bee didn't see the humor in it thru her discomfort and just looked at me very seriously and asked, "Mommy, why are you laughing at me?" Ang, you talk about someone needing therapy, this poor youngest child of three is a shoe-in!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you...you gave me laughter tonight..
I have heard her mommy say those very words so many time..."I'm having issues"...

Lauren said...

aww.....