Monday, January 15, 2007

Good Morning

Good morning girls!! We had a busy weekend. I made dinner for the teens last night with the help of two moms. We had sausage, egg, and cheese biscuits, hashbrowns, apples, bananas, juice, milk, and cinnamon rolls for dessert.

My computer is moving so slow this morning that it's making me crazy!! (not that's it got to work to hard on that)

Will it ever stop raining? That's the question of the week!! It looks like a big lake around here and once again the chairs have been blown off the deck. Maybe we should just give in and put them into the garage until summer. I know the boys would appreciate it since they're the ones that are always having to put them back. It's about 34 degrees this morning. Feels cold with the rain and the 30 degree windchill, but not cold enough to get any snow or ice. We keep having these big snow spots showing up on the radar, but when they get into IL they hit the warm air and turn to rain. They're saying that we should get a rain and snow mix this afternoon and tonight and snow during the night and tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see it.

Ruby called at 9:00 last night! We never talk at 9:00 unless something's going on, especially on a Sunday. But with the baby due soon, I grabbed it fast. Still, no baby girl. She just wanted to tell me that they're power was out. They've got alot of ice, no snow, just ice and rain. She said that as of then, the house was staying around 65 degrees so hopefully they managed to stay somewhat warm during the night and the power's back on this morning!!

Well, I must get to work to put in a few hours today. Chat later!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was worried if you got the ice rain we've been seeing on the news. I know this sounds crazy but I'm glad it's just rain and not ice.

Hope you have a good day at work.

Anonymous said...

Ruby here!

GOOD NEWS! We have power (you thought I was going to say...we have a baby girl didn't ya? - ha!)! Honestly, I will take the power right now as it was COLD when we awoke this morning 59* in the house. Good news is we are back to "normal" around here (if there is such a thing) and able to flush toliets (VERY important to a pregnant lady who has to pee every 15 minutes, who's house is on well water). HA! :)

Enjoy your day and thanks for your prayers!
SMILES :)

Lauren said...

brrrrrr.... it's been rainy here, too, but not as cold. hubby said it was 71. i think he's smokin somethin', or his cold is really messing with his system....

i think 15 below zero is easier to handle than icy/cold rain at 30-something. crazy, i know...