Saturday, January 13, 2007

That's What Girlfriends Are For

We had company tonight!! The menu was pizza pork chops, tortellini, salad, and four-grain, Italian bread with apple crisp and ice cream for dessert. Mr. and Mrs. Music and their 2 1/2 year little girl Dora came over for the evening. I wish I could use Dora's real name here because it's so different and cool, but sorry!! Bee started asking me at 9 am if they were gonna be here "in two minutes", and she continued to ask all day long. Bee and Dora had fun playing together and the rest of us enjoyed the company. It was a slightly shorter visit than we had planned, but it couldn't be helped. Mrs. Music has a friend who is a youth minister (female) about 2 hours away and she got in the car and headed for our area and called Mrs. Music saying "I'm on my way, I need you." Mrs. Music was on the phone with her when they walked in our door. She told me what was up and said that her friend was gonna call when she got into town. We actually got our dinner and dessert eaten and had sat at the table and talked for quite awhile before she called. Mrs. Music apologized several times and I kept telling her it was okay. I reassured her that I had friends that I'd do the same thing for. I mean how can a girlfriend not respond when her friend calls and says "I need you"? Personally it's unthinkable!! That's what girlfriends are for... to be there no matter what!!

Pray that whatever it is, Mrs. Music has the words to help her friend!!

1 comment:

FarmWife said...

Thank God for Girlfriends like that!