Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Another "Two" Bite the Dust

I went to the visitation for the gentleman who died over the weekend this evening. We stood in line for 45 minutes. He was a very loved man and there were many, many people who showed up for his wife and kids. When I hugged his wife I told her I was so sorry and her response was "It was fun... it was short, but it was fun." The strength she showed tonight amazed me. When I told her that Smart Guy wanted to be there but couldn't because all three kids were sick, her response was, "Everyone else's world doesn't come to a stop because my life has a blip in it." I love this woman. She's a wonderful example of a woman of integrity. I admire her strength and courage.

So yes you read that right... ALL THREE OF MY CHILDREN ARE NOW SICK!! Everyone is coughing and running fevers. D.K. joined Prophet this morning with a 100.4 temp and Bee joined them this evening just as I was leaving for the funeral home with a 101.6 temp. As I was walking out the door, I told Smart Guy to give her one teaspoon of nighttime cold and cough triaminic and one teaspoon of motrin. When I left for the funeral home, I left a very lethargic, hot, grumpy, and coughing Bee. When I came home however, she came bounding down the steps laughing her head off like a wild woman. I asked Smart Guy what he had given her and her said "Robitussin". NOOOOOOOO!! I told him to give her Triaminic nighttime, not Robitussin. That stuff makes my kids and myself bounce like Tigger. He gave it to her at 7:30, it lasts four hours. She just fell asleep since I started typing this. It lasted almost exactly four hours. I've got the alarm clock set for 1:30 so I can get up and give everyone another dose of medicine to keep their temps down and keep their coughs under control so they can sleep. I'm not worried about Bee and D.K., their little bodies get over things pretty easy. Prophet is another story. With his rough beginnings, he has always gotten sicker and stayed sicker longer than normal. Hopefully tomorrow will be the last day of being truly sick for him... we'll see. So, anyway, one more day of everyone home from school. Bee's gonna be ripped when she realizes that she's missed the pizza shop field trip that she's supposed to go on tomorrow. She so excited about it, but she has no concept of time yet and thinks it next week. I haven't wanted a meltdown, so I haven't told her any different as she talked about it this evening while high from her Robitussin. I'll break it to her gently next week sometime.... maybe she'll forget about it... hmmmm doubt it!!

Ruby and Miss HDYST are home from the hospital. The baby was sleeping while we talked and Missy Moo Moo was wanting to love on her. She's seriously intrigued with this new little person. I can't wait to see pictures of her. Ruby says she looks like Missy Moo Moo did when she was a baby. She was adorable. By the time she was about three months old, she had rolls on her rolls... all from momma's milk...nothing else. It was awesome!! Of course I was impressed, all of my babies have always been skinny things from birth on. They all eat like horses, they just stay skinny!! I'm trying to come up with a cheap and quick way to get out there to see them for a couple of days without any of my children. Wish me luck!! BTW, Mr. Debonair actually has six weeks of PAID paternity leave. Isn't that amazing? We certainly never had that. Smart Guy was back at work within a couple of days with each one. Churches just don't do the paid paternity leave thing!! I'm glad for Ruby, it'll be nice having him home for awhile!!

Well, it's late and I have to dose medicine in about an hour and a half, so now I must sleep!! Goodnight everyone!! Tomorrow!!

8 comments:

FarmWife said...

I am so sorry that the cyber germs have traveled from our abode to yours...B.B. and I are the only ones still down with this one. Hopefully it will be short lived!

Good luck with your planned trip! I hope it all falls into place for you...and make sure Ruby knows just how lucky she is...I'd give my eye teeth to have Husband home & paid for 6 weeks after the New Farm Hand gets here!

Grace said...

Oh they definitely know how lucky they are. They didn't have it when Missy Moo Moo was born and Mr. Debonair ended up using most of his vacation time to be home!!

Lauren said...

Do they live in Europe or something? Those countries have a handle on how much vacation we should have!

So sorry everyone's sick!!!

My nieces are pixies... Em/Monarch is catching up but Mad/Purple Princess is still off the bottom of the charts. They are healthy and smart and that's what counts. In our fat society, thin seems strange. My baby on the other hand, has a healthy appetite and daddy's metabolism, so she holds onto the food longer than her cousins.

crt said...

hope the kids start feeling better soon. and that you and smart guy avoid the germs!

Sarah said...

Sorry your munchkins are sick!!!

Caslon said...

I hope your little one's feel better soon. Thank you for your coments on my blog. I feel this is such a tool at times to get prayer out, and I appreciate yours. Sometimes I hope my own prayer and tears can take some pain away from the people I'm praying for. Kind of like God can take some of their pain and give it to me. I ask for that sometimes even though it seems silly. But maybe, just maybe He does.

Farm Fairy & Bruno said...

Hope you are all better soon.

Nan said...

I'm not used to hearing people talk like that at the funeral home. It's refreshing.

Sorry your kids are sick. Robitussin used to do that to my daughter too. Hope everyone feels better soon.