Saturday, January 20, 2007

Boys' Time and Girls' Time

We just got in from overnight at Mom and Dad's house. The Harlem Globe Trotters were over in Champaign, IL, so Dad, Smart Guy, Prophet, and D.K. went over to watch them for the evening. This left Mom, Bee, and myself for a girls night. We went to Red Lobster and all three of us got shrimp... our favorite. Bee ate almost everything on her plate plus some of my salad. She looked like she was gonna explode. We asked her if she wanted dessert, and at first she said yes, but really didn't act interested. So we left instead, went to the grocery store, got brownie mix and stuff for brownie sundaes when the guys got home from the game and went home.

Bee was funny while we ate, she kept saying "we're having girl time aren't we?". She was so proud to be included. We've always tried to do girls time with her, but apparently she's just now old enough to realize what's going on. It's really fun and makes me feel good knowing that she'll hopefully grow-up with these memories. Of course in a couple years, she may be wanting to go to the games with the guys... who knows!!

I just have to say again how cool it is to live so close to Mom and Dad now. The fact that we were able to leave after school was out yesterday, spend the evening and morning with them and already be back home at 1:00 in the afternoon the next day is like a dream. I love that I don't have to think about when our next visit is gonna be when I pull out of their driveway, because I know it'll probably be sometime in the next two weeks... whether we go there or they come here!!!

Well, I need to get some stuff done, just thought I'd check in with y'all!! Chat later!!

4 comments:

FarmWife said...

I'm so glad you're close to them now. I miss having my mom near by...not that she's been near since we had the kids, but the hardest part is always when they leave and I don't know when we're going to see them next...I hate that!

Anonymous said...

Oh my daughter... I enjoyed last night so much and dad did too.
If and when she wants to go the ball game someday...you and I will go too.
She was a dream, I enjoyed both of you so much.
I love you lady.
Mom

Anonymous said...

how sweet to have girls/guys night. treasure it big time. Cause pretty soon, it's revenge of the teenage drama queen. Ok well maybe not that bad. But you get my drift.

As for the other blog delima, Temera's blog was upgraded to the new blogger, and my name changed but you already knew that. So now I don't know what gives. I hope SmartGuy can figure it out on your end.

Hugs

Anonymous said...

ok my dear I see your problem.
I scrolled my mouse over my link on your blog you have the following:

http://http://diariesofthismom.blogspot.com

You should have:

http://diariesofthismom.blogspot.com

you have http:// 2x

That should fix it.

Hope this helps.


hugs
Ang