Saturday, January 6, 2007

Bad Weeds and Beautiful Flowers

Hey guys!! I just have to say that I have sore muscles that I didn't even know exsisted!! My shoulders hurt, my arms hurt, my shins hurt, my back hurts, my ankles hurt, shoot, my butt even hurts!! I'm such a weenie, I know!! Hopefully in a couple weeks I'll get used to it and it won't hurt anymore!! Inkling by the time you see me again, I'm gonna look like a female body-builder!!

Well, we have a saying in this house that goes like this... "D.K. grows like a bad weed, and Prophet grows like a beautiful flower." D.K. is a giant. He won't be eight until next month and he's already up to my chin. Now, for those of you that know me in real life, you know that's not really saying much (I'm about 5 foot 2 inches), but for a seven year old that's over the 100th percentile. I'd say that by the next time he sees his Sara Orange he's gonna almost be looking her in the eyes... she's kind of a shorty ya know!! (but she's our shorty and we love her) So anyway, Prophet has always been a slow grower. He started small and everyone kept saying, "Oh don't worry, he'll catch up". He hasn't and that's okay, it's part of who he is.

For awhile I tried to avoid any talk about the size difference when the boys were around and hated it when some big mouth would make a big deal out of the height difference between them. Then one day I heard them plotting to do something when they didn't know I was listening. Prophet told D.K. that he needed to do it because he was bigger and could do it easier. Okay, so Prophet knew that his little brother was bigger than him and not only was he was okay with it but he was using it to his advantage to get his little brother into trouble. Prophet is a very confident guy and not the least bit upset about his shortness.

At this point I'd say there's about a five inch height difference between them with D.K. (the "little" brother) being the taller one. He is now the one who gets the new clothes and then passes them on to his big brother... which brings me to the entire reason for this post... I just put on a load of pants and jeans for the boys and EVERY pair of D.K.'s pants have holes in the knees. Did I mention that all of these pants were just bought back in September because he had outgrown everything from last year? Prophet on the other hand has been wearing three pairs of his pants for three winters now, and they just now are starting to get some wear, not holes, in the knees. I would really like to know what on earth D.K. does to cause this to happen.

Oh well, he's already outgrown the length anyway. I was just putting off the inevitable of having to buy him two complete sets of pants in one winter, now I really don't have a choice. I'm gonna take him out next Saturday to get new pants, after my first paycheck. I think I'm gonna buy some of those iron on patches and iron them onto the inside of his pants where they always get the holes to see if that prolongs their life. I guess D.K.'s gonna have a couple pairs of cutoffs to wear next summer seeing how they still fit his skinny butt perfectly!

2 comments:

FarmWife said...

I realized there was a big hight difference between the boys, but I didn't think it was that big. Prophet is a big man inside...most boys wouldn't handle it that well. #1 Son is 3 weeks shy of a full year younger than Baby Girl and she only has 1 1/2 inches on him. We get asked if they're twins quite often.

FarmWife said...

BTW, D.K. and I have the same problem. I wear holes in my jeans so quickly! I think it's all the crawling around to pick up toys. Maybe that's his problem. ;)