Thursday, January 11, 2007

'Nanas, Leftovers, and Aldi's

I just finished reading 2 books, putting jammies on a baby doll, praying, saying "I love you" and "goodnight", and then walking across the hall to give my goodnights and kisses to the boys. It's been a good day.

It was Bee's turn to take the snack to school today. They are supposed to take a snack that begins with the letter of the week. The letter of the week is "N". We looked around Wally World and couldn't find anything that satisfied this mama's desire for something besides the usual cookies and junk that's usual taken in... so we settled on making "'nana muffins". I personally thought I was being rather creative. Smart Guy says I settin' 'em up for life. They're three come on, 1/2 of them probably still say "'nana" anyway. Bee actually calls them "beenanas", which I think is hilarious since Bee's been her nickname since birth.

I finished my work hours for the week today, so I don't have to work at all tomorrow... hip, hip, hooray. I do need to go over Saturday evening for a half hour or so and make sure all the chairs in the classrooms are straightened and trash cans empty, but that's easy. You would think with it being Thursday that maybe it would be presentable for Sunday morning, but not at our church. There's constantly something going on in our building... some church stuff, some not.

Smart Guy came home when the boys came home this afternoon and we all kinda crashed. We sat around while the boys did their homework and their reading until about five or so. We had leftovers for dinner... chili mac, chicken noodle soup, or tortellini and sausage soup. Everyone is now in bed (under the age of 10 anyway) and Smart Guy and I are gonna watch Gray's Anatomy at 9:00. I'm still working on that huge pile of laundry, it's slowly getting smaller.

Bee and I are gonna go shopping tomorrow. We are in desperate need of groceries to feed this ravenous family. Aldi's is my grocery shopping place of choice. If you don't have one in your area I feel sorry for you... although I know Ruby does and never goes there. Cleanin' Cuz '75 used to but it's not as easy to get to as other places so she opted for other places instead (she's one of those people that uses coupons like a madd woman and really gets good deals with them). I always take coupons in, get what's on it and put it in my cart and then forget to give them the coupon. Clean Cuz '75 puts the coupon on top of the product in the cart so she doesn't forget she's got it. Anyway, Aldi's is a grocery store chain that sells only their brand of products. Very little in the way of choices. I like that. I hate to go into Walmart and have 10 different types of chicken noodle soup, 12 different kinds of whole wheat bread, 4 brands of pasta, 4 brands of cake mix, 30 different brands and types of pizza, and 5 different sizes of eggs to choose from. It's a small store with a small parking lot and everything in it is cheap, cheap, cheap. I love it. You actually have to put a quarter in to get a cart and you have to pay for your grocery bags (I take my own that I reuse over and over), and you bag your own stuff. They have a fairly new line of stuff called Fit and Active that's healthier alternatives to their other things. Actually it seems like someone posted about this awhile back come to think of it. Most of their stuff is quality stuff, and they have very good produce. I paid $1.99 for a pineapple there a few months ago and it was really good. There are some things they either don't have or I just simply can't talk myself into getting there... veggie dogs, shredded carrots, ranch dressing (has to be Hidden Valley), sunchips, meatballs, butter spray, dog food (Bowzer has a sensitive stomach and trust me, a moose with a sensitive stomach with the wrong kind of food is not pretty), bath stuff, pads, tampons, and most cleaning stuff. I get the rest at Walmart. I love to grocery shop and usually do my list several days ahead of time and this time was no exception. I've been looking forward to this for days... I know I'm crazy.

No comments: