Thursday, December 7, 2006

Because I Just Have to Post

Hey, did you know that mommy's gloves work wonderfully as a substitute for wipeys when mommy remembers as she's walking out the door to take her child to preschool that she forgot to feed her breakfast and hands her half an apple and a big, messy spoonful of peanut butter to eat in the car. My gloves still smell like peanut butter.

Have any of you ever played with that "20 questions" electronic toy when you've been shopping? It's really cool. You're supposed to think of an object and the game asks you 20 questions to figure out what it is. You answer by pushing buttons that say "yes, no, sometimes, and unknown". I did it three times and it got it right when I was thinking of the words flute and backpack. The other word I thought of was alpaca....the game guessed llama...which I thought was still a pretty good guess.

I have come up with one positive about the fact that the windchill is one degree above zero.... you can go grocery shopping, leave the groceries in your car, and not worry about anything spoiling while you run several other errands around town. Then again, you do have to worry about the eggs and the milk freezing solid.

Have any of you heard of a "zoogle" stick? Last week, the boys school had the inventor of the "zoogle" stick come to their school to demonstrate it. It's basically a stick to learn balance, teamwork, and coordination. After the demonstration, the guy left a ton of them at the school to sell for ten bucks each.... 3 weeks before Christmas. I told the school I wasn't very thrilled about my children's school being used as a marketing device. It seems every time we turn around they're askin' for money for something. The boys of course both wanted a "zoogle" stick. We made them use their own money if they really wanted it, and of course they did because "every" other kid in school was buying them. Seriously, when I was at the school, they were everywhere. So basically, some guy went to Lowe's and bought the narrowest plastic pipe he could find, wrapped it in foam, covered it with fabric of many different beautiful colors, popped a stopper on both ends, gave it a silly name, printed up an accompanying sheet of ways to use it, and now the guys apparently a millionare. Go figure!!

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel the void left by Inkling not being "on" this week?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm voided..or I mean feel the void. Inkling we miss you

Lauren said...

It's not just you. I'm sure her blog will resemble Temera's after the power outage when she finally comes back to us!

FarmWife said...

I'm dying.
I need to know if G-pa bought a warm hat.
I need to know how Inkling's big Christmas dinner went.
I need to know how G&G handled Inkling's slightly charismatic church service.
I need to know that G-Ma felt good and they got to see all the sights.
I need to know Henry David survived a week with the In-Laws.
I need Inkling back!

Farm Fairy & Bruno said...

OMG I asked Ang how long before Inkling writes tomorrow? I for one am voided of our red head and can not wait to read all the details!!!Misiing you loads....And BTW Alpacas are of the Camilid family..( Camels,the largest, Llamas , the medium ones and Alpacas the smallest) All spit given the right moment! I begged hubby for a Camel but I WAS REFUSED FLAT OUT!!!

Anonymous said...

actually the guy who invented the Zoogle stick had polio as a child and invented the Zoogle stick so that children and people with disabilities could play an active game just like other kids. he came to our school when i was younger and was very inspiring. i still have mine.