Sunday, December 3, 2006

Our Weekend

I just read Lauren's post and was reminded of Friday night. The story was supposed to be posted Friday night, but for those of you that read Friday night's post, I got a little side tracked about how much I miss Inkling. I got just plain blubbery...sorry about that...but I seriously miss the girl.

After I got off the phone with Inkling, the kids wanted some popcorn. They didn't want any ole bag of microwave popcorn. Oh no, that would be too easy. They wanted the good stuff. The stuff you have to stand at the stove and shake for what seems like forever. I haven't made it for a couple years, but when the Boy Scouts came to my door several weeks ago, I ordered the tin of kernels instead of the bags of microwave stuff for some reason. The boys remember having popcorn popped on the stovetop in the past, but Bee had never seen it done or eaten it. She was all excited to watch, pulled up her chair, clapped her hands, jumped around on the chair...and then she got bored waiting and got down. Until that first pop when the boys got excited and she came running back over. She kept wanting me to take the lid off the pan so she could see it pop and of course everytime I did, it came flying out and everyone laughed and tried to catch it. Bowz even got in on it. He wasn't about to let perfectly good popcorn go to waste! Prophet got the popcorn bowl out, I had slightly misjudged how much to make, we had more than enough ( popcorn and spaghetti are the hardest things for me to judge, I always make way to much or way too little) to fill the bowl. On their way to the living room with the bowl of popcorn, I said, "Keep it off the floor please". Famous last words. It was everywhere by the time they were done. Bowzer was in doggy heaven. The nice thing about having a dog is that you never have to clean up spills or messes of the food type. Just let the dog do it!!

Today was the first Sunday for our churches 3rd service. We had over 700 people come this morning. When Smart Guy started working at this church back in June, they were averaging somewhere around 450. A new senior pastor started the same week we did, and he is a wonderful speaker. I perceive him as a very "real" person. He used to be a "high up" in a big corporation and then one day he decided he was being called to do something else. He's a Harley rider. One day after school we stopped by to see Smart Guy before we went home, and Senior Pastor's Harley was parked by the front door. The boys were in awe. I told them not to touch it because it's a really expensive bike and Drama King says (very loudly of course), "Wow, that must mean Senior Pastor's rich." Well, relative to his life as a youth pastor's child...
But, I digress. We had to add a service for two reasons really. We had no room left in either of our other services, in the worship area or the parking lot. Smart Guy went out and counted the empty parking spaces during second service a couple months ago, and there was only one left. That tends to turn people away when they have to search for a parking space, so adding a service was the only answer since we don't have the funds presently to add on to our parking lot. That's in the works for this next spring.

We had a children's Advent celebration at church yesterday morning. It was really cool. There were about 12 crafts to pick from. A nativity costume area. Christmas games, puzzles, and toys to play with. At the end, each child had a cupcake and we sang "Happy Birthday" to Jesus as someone lit candles on a cake. Tonight we had our church wide Advent Dinner. It's done different here than anywhere I've ever been before. You sign up for what table you want to sit at. Everyone brings the plates and silverware for their table, and the potatoes, veggies, salad, and dessert. The church provided the meat, drinks, and rolls. It was different, but it works really cool, because there's no line to stand in to get your food. One person from each table went to the kitchen to get the meat for their table and it was done. After dinner we all went to the worship area and sang Christmas songs and carols. My mom, dad, and Uncey came for the evening. I love it that we're close enough now that they can do that.

For those of you that thought my post was a bit odd for Sunday morning....don't worry I've been givin a hard time by my mother and my husband. Personally, if I like it on Tuesday or Friday, I'm still gonna like it on Sunday morning. If you were offended, I apologize, but God did create our boobies, so we should be proud of them!!!

Good night 'til tomorrow.... I will not post more than twice tomorrow.... I will not post more than twice tomorrow.... I will not post more than twice tomorrow....

2 comments:

Lauren said...

very cool! i'm gonna have to go buy some real popcorn and try making it the old fashioned way.

your advent dinner sounds really cool.

some of us are not blessed with really bounce-able boobies, but that's ok. (well, at least one of us.) less back-aches this way.

Grace said...

Trust me, this momma was not blessed with bounceable boobies either, but it's fun to dream...true, no backaches...from that anyway!!! Farmwife and Inkling... I know your girls are bounceable...hehehe!!!