Monday, December 11, 2006

I Can Only Pray That My Boys Turn Out Like Their Daddy



My Smart Guy is a wonderful dad. My boys start each day with a drive to school with Daddy. They talk as they sit in the carpool line. Each afternoon he comes home to have lunch with Bee and I. Bee throws herself at him for a hug and kiss when he leaves to go back to the office and he loves it. Many days after school, he picks up the boys, comes home, and spends time with us for awhile. Every month or so, he and the boys go to Chuck E. Cheese for a couple hours after school. He knows I hate the place and that the boys love it. On the evenings he has meetings at church, he comes home for dinner with us before returning to the church. We are not one of those youth pastor's families that are neglected. Much the opposite. We look at the ministry as a very flexible thing. Smart Guy can leave to go on field trips, eat lunch at school, and help with Bee if I have an app't at the school, doctor, or whatever. He just simply makes up the time at the office in the evening. We can be at the church with him while he works in the evening when we want to. He helps get dinner on the table. He helps get dinner off the table. He takes the dishes out of the dishwasher, which is one of my most hated chores. He even occasionally fills it back up. He puts on jammies, reads to, prays with, and tucks in. He laughs with us, rolls his eyes at us, and just in general puts up with all of our little quirks. He's a great man. He's a patient, calm, understanding, and loving daddy. I'm so thankful he's mine. I can only pray that my children look to him and follow his footsteps as they grow in the Lord and as their relationship with The One Who Loves Them Most changes from ours being bestowed upon them to one of their own design and choosing. We are truly blessed to be able to call him ours!! I love you so much precious man!! Thank you for all you do for us!!

1 comment:

Nan said...

OK, I'm through lurking. All I can say (while dabbing back the tears) is you are truly blessed...and I'm sure he feels the same way about you.