Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Magic Cookie Bars

Sarah from Mom Chronicles asked me what Magic Cookie Bars are, so here's the recipe!!

Melt one stick of butter and pour into bottom of 9 X 13 pan. Sprinkle 1-1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs over the butter (I buy the box of crumbs in the baking aisle at Walmart because they lose their magic if you have to crush them yourself). Pour a can of Sweetened Condensed Milk over the crumbs. Now sprinkle with whatever you want, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, pecans, coconut, chocolate covered toffee chips, or any combo that equals about 3 cups or so. Press down into the milk a little. Bake at 325 degrees (350 for metal pan) for about 25-30 minutes or so. Let cool, cut, indulge.

I make these every holiday or when the occasion calls. I always have the crumbs, milk, and butter, and usually at least a bag of chocolate chips, so I can always throw them together quick if I need to!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yum-O! I think I gained a pound reading that, but I am SOOOOOOOOO makin' those!