Saturday, December 9, 2006

Prophet's Problem

Prophet has a problem this morning. He wants to skateboard. Now, usually he skateboards in the garage when it's this cold, but Bee's house is still in there after being blown to pieces last week during the wind. So, the garage is still not available. He decided that if he was gonna skateboard, he must go outside and brave the cold. It's 26 degrees with a winchill of 18 degrees, so ( I can't believe I'm gonna say this) relatively speaking, it's not that cold. So out he goes, adorned with zipped coat, gloves, and hat. After a few minutes I realize he doesn't have his helmet on. Anyone that knows me, know that I'm a safety freak, but somehow the hat on his head threw me off. So now Prophet's problem is this.... which is more important... a safe head with a helmet on... or a warm head with a hat on? The helmet has vent holes in it and lets in the cold air, it doesn't cover his ears, and it won't fit over his hat. Mommy of course says a safe head, he says a warm head. Guess who won!! Well, I'll just put it this way... he is presently outside with a cold, but safe, head.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is a dilema.
Hope he's in by now with a mug of hot cocoa warming up.