Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I Finally Defeated the System

I'm on, I'm on, I'm on, I'm on!! Sound the trumpets it's a miracle. I had almost lost all hope that I was gonna get to my dashboard today. Blogger has apparently decided that it's time for everyone to switch to beta and it's got everything screwed up. I can get to everyone's blogs, but I can't comment. MISS CATE'S blog keeps telling me that I'm not a team member so I can't comment... odd since I just commented yesterday and we're linking to each other now!! UGH!! I couldn't comment to ANG at all yesterday and I so desprately wanted to!! Can I just pull my hair out now and get it over with!!!

I must introduce my newest link on my sidebar. Her name is Cate and I can't help but add the Miss Cate. Another southern thing that will never go away is the habit of putting Miss in front of all female names, big or little. When I'm speaking to someone I consider a peer, it's not a problem, I don't do it, unless I'm speaking to my children about them, but Miss Cate has children my age and grandchildren the age of my children. She needs a proper title, so.... Miss Cate it is!! I love reading Miss Cate's blog and it's stories about her grandchildren, children, parents, digging up apple trees, baptisms, and birthday suits :)! So go check her out!!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

yes, the southern miss first name sounds so much nicer than the mrs. or ms. last name we had in michigan growing up.

see, hair bows an naming etiquette.... two things you adopted from the south. bet there's more!!!

Grace said...

The fact of the matter is this... of the almost 13 years we've been married, I spent ten of those in the south. I was talking to a friend from Birmingham, AL last night, more specifically Hoover, AL, and I think it's more the quirks of that particular "well-off" southern area than anything that drove me nuts!!

FarmWife said...

I've kept the Miss thing even without my kids around. I've always found it very sweet and more respectful. I call all the ladies at church "Miss."

And I'm working on Yes, Maam and No, Maam. It's kind of hit and miss with the kids...

And I adore Miss Cate. She's been such a great support.

Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.