Thursday, December 14, 2006

Woo Hoo

I only have one more thing to buy to finish off my shopping for the kids. I'm so excited. I had everything spread out all over our bedroom tonight so I could look at it all... the door was locked of course even though they were all sound asleep!! Now everything has been hidden in our closet and covered with blankets. While this may look obvious in a normal closet. Our closet is about 8 x 16 and already has a pile of stuff (boxes, blankets, and such) on one end, so I just added to it. I've actually been considering taking the light bulb out until Christmas, but Smart Guy says it would be too dark for him to get dressed in the morning!!

Last night and tonight I've been at church getting ready for our weekend Jubilee. Every year our church sponsors 20 families in the county and gives them their Christmas.... box of food, box of cleaning supplies, new toys for each child, new outfit for each child, diapers and wipes if needed, and then we also collect "gently used" clothes to put together a big used clothing room for each family to "shop" from for free. It takes a lot of work to coordinate this whole thing. Thankfully their are a few people in the church that consider this to be their yearly ministry. I just show up and they tell me what to do. We've been putting everything in the attic as the donations came in, so there have been a 100 trips up and down the stairs to the attic since last night!! Tomorrow morning the worship minister's wife and I are watching the children of all the people who are helping so they can get it all put together and done for Saturday. I won't be there Saturday, we're leaving for Mom and Dad's house around 3:00 tomorrow afternoon. While I feel a little guilty about this, it's the only time we're gonna be able to see Brother and Mrs. Clean during the holidays, so we're going.

Several years ago, a week and a half before Jubilee, everything that had been collected was stolen. Someone broke into the building and stole it all. That's one of the reasons it all goes up in the locked attic as it comes in now. Apparently the story goes that on Sunday morning the minister at the time announced what happened and by the end of the week, EVERYTHING had been replaced in time for the families to come. We truly are ministering with an amazing church.

Well, I've gotta get to bed. I've had heartburn for 3 days now. Ya know, the kind that makes you feel like your having major issues. Everything in my neck and chest hurts. The antacids I've had to take to make it livable aren't good for my Crohn's and they in turn make me sick to my stomach... I'm talkin' runnin' to the potty over and over and over sick. UGH!! I'm tired. I start a 14 day regimen of prilosec tomorrow morning with breakfast. That has worked for me before hopefully it will this time. Unfortunatly it takes 1 - 4 days to start working so please pray for me. I'm about to go crazy and I don't have time to do that right now... too much to do!! Love to you all and goodnight!!

1 comment:

FarmWife said...

Hope you feel better soon!
I love the idea of the gifts and "shopping" as a ministry.

Give my love to Brother and Mrs. Clean, and have a great time (BTW, that's a plutonic love...nothing more :) We won't make it to G&G M&M's this christmas. Maybe in the spring.