Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Mommy Meltdown

This afternoon at approximately 4pm eastern standard time, Prophet and Drama King were both sitting at the kitchen table asking for homework help, with no manners... Bee and Billy Boy were still not cleaning up the dining room after many, many requests to do so... Billy Boy had his first potty accident of the day...I'm still not feeling that great, the heartburn is still an issue... and then the stinkin' phone rings. I'm actually suprised I could hear it over the ruckus that was currently going on in my house. I looked at the caller ID with plans to ignore it, but it was Ruby, so I answered. I answered with something to the effect of "Hello, I'm having a mommy meltdown at the moment, the boys need me, the little ones need me , I don't feel good, and I wanna pull all my hair out, when I get it together and Billy Boy leaves, I'll call you back." She made sure I was not truly in the middle of a crises and then we got off the phone. So two minutes later, the phone rings again, and again I had no plans to answer it, but it was our lawyers office, so I answered. I had to go into the laundry room and shut the door to hear her. How stupid can they be to call someone with kids at 4:00 in the afternoon and expect to have a business-like phone call... ugh!! (Ruby you don't count as stupid, your my friend and don't mind listening to the chaos). So while I'm talking to her on the phone, Billy Boy's mom rings the door bell. I told the lawyers office lady to hang-on, ran to the door, grabbed the dog by the collar, opened the door, said "Hi, I'm talking to the lawyer about the wreck, can't get off right now, you can grab him and go, I'll call ya later." So I went back to the laundry room, (which by the way smells horribly right now and I cannot figure out for the life of me why) We finally get off the phone, I help the boys with their homework, finish cleaning up the mess from Bee and Billy Boy, call Inkling to ask the teacher part of her about something Prophet had brought home from school, called Ruby back, used the bathroom, and then said goodbye while Smart Guy and all three of my children walked out the door to head to the church to play video games for an hour or so in the youth room........ so now I take a deep breath and sit still with only my fingers moving in my COMPLETELY silent house. The only sound I here is the ice in my glass of water settling. I'm gonna get off of here and go take a hot bath and watch a DVD on the portable until they get home. Later Taters!! Hugs!!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

sounds like a crazy day. i was once told that life with 2 kids is harder than 1, but 3 or more is chaos. not in a bad way, but still chaos.

Anonymous said...

so hope that you were able to relax and get some rest. If ya'll was closer girl..I'd just hop skip and jump my booty over to help out.