Saturday, December 30, 2006

Velveeta

Okay now ,I've had some people trying to give Velveeta a bad rap!! Okay, so it's processed, yes, I know that, but it's so freakin' good. We only eat it about once a month, and even then it's just 2 cups of the shredded stuff split between an entire pot of soup, so it's not gonna kill us. When you're needing to melt cheese into something, it's definitely better than cheddar. For example, just this evening, Prophet wanted salsa with cheese melted in it... all we had was cheddar (because that's the main cheese we use I do admit). So, we sliced some up and melted it in a bowl of salsa. It looked great for about 20 seconds, and then... oooo gross... it got all goopey and nasty lookin' and the feel in your mouth was downright awful.... if any of you wise sages have any advice on how to prevent this problem and can honestly tell me that you've never had this problem, I solemly (sp.) swear to give up Velveeta in 2007!! Okay, thank you for listening, I've said my peace, I'll shut-up now!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

don't give it up, i'm jealous you have a family that likes it enough to be able to eat it. i'm sure baby bear will like it someday, but right now i can't buy a big brick of it. too expensive for me.

i mistakenly got the lighter version once... ugh... not good. gimme the real velveeta or give me cheddar.