Sunday, December 24, 2006

Update....

The baby is born and Mom and Dad will be headed here in about an hour and a half. I have to admit, I've had a couple of less than stellar doula daughter moments today imagining Mom not being here with us!! They'll probably be here shortly after we return from the Christmas Eve service at church!! We're gonna make pizzas and salad, cookies for Santa, read The Night Before Christmas, read The Christmas Story, hang stockings, and then go to bed.

When I just wrote "hang stockings", I just remembered that we can't find the kids' stockings this year, which just makes me sick to my stomach. The boys have had theirs for years and Bee's is the stocking that Inkling made to match her when we lived together in college. I know they're here somewhere, and if you could see our garage you'd understand why we can't find them. We're planning to completely gut the garage sometime early this spring, I'm sure we'll find them then. We have not bought anything to replace the lost ones for this year, so Smart Guy just ran over to Walmart which closes in 25 minutes to see what he can find to do the job this year. Hopefully they have some left at his late hour.

Well, Merry Christmas dear friends and family, I love you all!! I hope your Christmas is a blessed and safe one!!

4 comments:

FarmWife said...

Glad your mom's going to make it. Here's hoping there are no more babies coming (although the opening of this post made me say what?!)

BTW, I didn't know Ruby was expecting again! But then, I just figured out who she is about a week ago...duh!

Anonymous said...

Hey my one and only daughter...known to some as Grace...I'm here ready to celebrate. God shined today as a new little soul came to our earth..another good reason to celebrate...
Bless you and let's celebrate!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Your momma is so cool. I'm glad you will be able to spend Christmas with her. Merry Christmas.

Sarah said...

Merry Christmas!