Monday, December 11, 2006

How Quickly We Forget

Last night a friend from church was desparately looking for someone to watch their 18 month old little girl today. Her regular sitter is sick and not able to work. One of her back up sitters moved about 3 weeks ago, and the other one started working about the same time. So, I said I'd watch her. She dropped her off around 6:45 this morning. I am so not a morning person!! Although I'm better than Inkling with mornings. Anyway, she's so little. We'll call her Little La La. I see her at church all the time, but I never hold her or interact with her when her Mommy's not around. When your used to your littlest one being three (almost 4) years old, 18 months seems like such a baby still. She still uses a paci. We got the booster seat back out for her to use today and the pac and play for her to nap in. She fell back to sleep as soon as her mommy left. I successfully laid her on the couch without waking her up. I watched her sleep for a few minutes to make sure she was gonna stay that way. She'd start sucking on that paci like crazy every few seconds and then relax again. She's out!! I made the boys stay upstairs while they got ready this morning, I even fed them breakfast upstairs. I have a feeling Little La La's gonna show me how unbabyproofed my house has become. I'm also gonna be reminded how much they have to be watch constantly at this age.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

welcome to my world! ok, so she's older than mine. we caved in and brought the paci to the mall with us when we did our christmas shopping, but other than that, baby bear hasn't used it more than a couple of days in the last month. i think there's one under her dresser waiting to be re-discovered.

we found a moldy bottle under my seat in the car on saturday. i've tried everything, and i think it's hopeless... bleach, dishsoap, boiling... still has a couple of stubborn spots. of course it had to be a dr. brown's, not the cheap evenflo. anyway, bear saw me trying to clean it, and threw her sippy to the ground and started begging for her bottle. it didn't work, especially with that partucular bottle.

so, technically i guess she's still not weaned from either, since she begs for both paci and bottle given the chance. we're working on it, though.

it's a relief to know she's not dependent on the paci anymore... they are such a pain to keep track of!!!!!!