Friday, December 1, 2006

We Have Snow

It started snowing while I was at the school. Weather.com said it was supposed to start around 9 am, and it actually started right at 9. The kids were freaking out. There will be nothing accomplished today around here. Many of the teachers had already closed their blinds by the time I left so the kids couldn't sit there and stare out the window. Drama King's class thought this was his first time to see snow and they were all watching his reaction, which being the Drama King he is did not disappoint them...even though he has seen snow many times in his life. We lived in Kentucky until he was four and the winter Bee was born it snowed for about 20 days straight it seemed. Besides that, all of our family lives up here so we saw snow every winter even when we lived in Alabama. The wind continues to be a problem. Smart Guy did bring in Bee's house, but now the chairs and the big, heavy, metal arbor thingy are blown over. Ya know all those blow-up Christmas decorations that people use, they are now being shared by the entire neighborhood for a few minutes at each house. Some of the greenery from my front porch if probably somewhere in Michigan at this moment.

Inkling's family will be driving fairly close to where I live to get to the airport and right now the roads are clear, so everything should be okay. For those of you that read her post and heard her sob story, she really does sound better. I talked to her last night and couldn't believe when I answered the phone and heard her voice. She sounds 98% normal, other than the occasional cough. I think our Inkling is finally on the mend. I hope that taste goes away, I'd hate for here to have to deal with that while her family is there.

7 comments:

Inkling said...

You've been spending too much time with Ruby. Actually, you never were that sympathetic.....like when I had mono and you wanted me to be responsible and get to our 7:30 class. But oh well, I love you anyway.

I do feel better. I'm only a little congested, but the sinus rinse takes care of that in a jiffy. I only taste terrible. If you really want to know what it's like to wake up four times in the night with a taste that makes you want to vomit, go lick a cast iron pan for a bit. I finally decided that is probably the metal most closely associated to this taste. And it could all be in my head.....I've got enough other stuff up there, so why not add crazy ideas that become real to it?

But 98% normal? When have I ever in my entire life been that normal? Wow! Maybe it's no longer just a setting on my dryer........

Grace said...

Since you apparently misunderstood me, I did not say you were 98% normal, I said you SOUNDED 98% normal, big difference.

Anonymous said...

Rofl..

And I will only go lick a cast iron skillet if it has bacon/sausage or biscuits and gravy in it STILL...

NORMAL is over-rated.

Farm Fairy & Bruno said...

Ang & I have the west coast covered you take care of that side for Inkling and we will take care of this side...And by gosh we WILL get Inklings family to her one way or the other....And licking pans? I think not!You would not say that if you lived on a farm, just trust me on this one....

FarmWife said...

Inkling, since when have you ever licked a cast iron skillet?! You are (as B.B. would say) a goof ball.

No snow here, but we did get the rain and it's COLD!!!

Now I'm wishing I could hitch a ride with Grandma and Grandpa to go see Inkling. I'm going through withdrawls.

Lauren said...

i'd be tempted to lick a cast-iron skillet if it had bread pudding or something yummy in it.

it's been deceptively sunny but cold here today. we had rain last night, no snow.

Sarah said...

We got the cold and the freezing rain and I basically camped out in the house with the kids today. First major "weather" of the season, and I wanted to give all the folks out there time to "re-learn" how to drive in the snow before I went out with my precious cargo!