Saturday, December 16, 2006

Toothbrushes are Good For So Many Things

Ya know that commercial for that Dyson vacuum cleaner where the guy with the English accent say "other vacuums get hopelessly clogged"? Well, my vacuum does get clogged, but since I don't have the $400 to put out for a Dyson, I just have to deal with it. I don't even like to pay for a new filter for mine. I'm kinda cheap. Actually the main thing that clogs it up is baby powder. Now, you would think since that I would be out of the baby powder stage since Bee is almost four years old, but no!! She has an obsession with baby powder. She finds it wherever I put it and coats herself in it. I'm not sure how her lungs are still working properly. At nighttime if she's restless and not wanting to sleep, baby powder does the trick. I know it's wierd, but it works. Well, when she puts it on herself, I can always tell she's done it the second I walk up the steps to upstairs because I can smell it. My Hoover Widepath Foldaway with hepa filter and bagless canister sucks it up in a jiffy, BUT while some of the powder goes on into the cannister, much of it gets stuck in the hepa filter. Now that's what I call "hopelessly clogged". I was beginning to think I was gonna half to breakdown and buy a replacement filter, but after contemplating it, I decided to try to brush it out with an old toothbrush. It was rather dusty, but I got a bunch of it out and into the trash. I'm sure I probably just ended up sucking a bunch of it back up into the vacuum. It's working much better now and I have succesfully vacuumed up all the "snow" in Smart Guy and I's bedroom, which is where most of it was. Now on to the steps to clean up the blizzard there!!

2 comments:

Farm Fairy & Bruno said...

I use a compressor to clean out stuff like that (outside!) in no time flat!

Anonymous said...

Take it to the gas station and use an air hose on the bugger. Good as new..