Sunday, December 24, 2006

Silent Night.... Louououd Morning

Prophet, D.K. (which according to Drama King now stands for Dinosaur Kid), and Bee are sooooo wired. Bee was pretty calm laying in bed with me until her big brothers informed her that it's Christmas Eve and Santa is coming tonight... Let the chaos begin.

We had a good time at Mom and Dad's house. Bowzer went with us, so we had 2 big dogs in the house along with all the Christmas stuff. My parents have a very neurotic black lab named Jessie!! She's the kind of dog that never, ever, ever stops moving unless she's sound asleep. You can't even give her a big hug, because she's always on the move. She's ten years old, you'd think she'd be more of a cuddler by now. She does sleep more than she used to, but man she can be crazy, but we love her. Prophet and her are buds. Most nights that we're there, she sleeps in his bed, and he loves it. The kids each got 4 of their presents from Mom and Dad. Mom stretched it out over the entire time we were there, giving them only one thing at a time. She actually hid a couple of them for them to find before they could open them. It was fun!!

I stayed up way too late last night (this morning actually) wrapping the kids' presents. They are all tucked away under a quilt in our closet. We don't put anything under the tree. In the morning when they walk into the living room, there will be a pile for each kid. One unwrapped present, which is the one thing they asked Santa Claus for, and then 4 more gifts around it. Prophet's pile will look so small because of what he asked for. D.K.'s is just right, and Bee's will look kinda big because her stuff is bigger, just like the boys' stuff was at her age. What's funny is that even though Prophet's pile is small, he actually has the top dollar amount by about 5 bucks... they get bigger and their toys get smaller (and cost more).

Well, the inevitable has happened. My mother called on her way to a birth at 8:30 this morning. That mom who was due on Jamuary 3 went into labor sometime after we left Mom and Dad's house at 5:00 last night. She was on her way to the hospital this morning and so was my mom. Maybe I really should have scheduled that C-section for Friday. Let's all pray that it's a quick and easy labor and delivery for this mom, partly for the mom, but mainly because I want my mom here tonight!

Smart Guy and I had a fight at 11:00 last night that all started over a stupid roll of tape. I couldn't tell you the last time we had a fight... it's been years. We do occasionally argue, but nothing nasty!! I guess I've grown to take it granted that we don't fight, because I feel really wierd this morning knowing I was nasty to him. Yes, I admit it was my doing. He ended up going to Walmart at 11:30 last night, after we apologized, to get tape, carpet cleaner, and pantyhose for church this morning (for me, not him :)) After he came home, we stayed up, cleaned the house together, and talked until almost 2:oo in the morning. I'm fried! Ya know, I hate that we had a fight, but we did apologize, get thru it, and moved on!!

Well, I must get everyone ready for church... I just had to post this morning.... I couldn't do it yesterday at Mom and Dad's or here when we got home because for some reason we were both having internet connection problems! I was having some serious issues yesterday afternoon when it was 3:00 and I hadn't been online for almost 24 hours, it was horrible.... well, actually it's was quite pittiful, but I know you all understand my pain!!

4 comments:

FarmWife said...

Glad you had a good time at your folks! I think tape maybe evil. Husband and I once had a blow out over a roll of tape...hmmm. Could scotch tape be the antichrist?

Lauren said...

The best advice we got in our one afternoon of premarital counseling was "don't go to bed mad at eachother." 7 1/2 years later, we try to follow it.

Anonymous said...

As much as I have intentions to call you and your family this weekend to wish you all a Merry Christmas, I doubt I get to it so I figured a post on your blogg will have to work for now. I will call you one day next week. You can pray I don't go into labor as I prepare Christmas dinner and have company (although, I'm not complaining - it gets me out of driving to our families).

Enjoy your Christmas! Ho! Ho! Ho!
SMILES :)
Ruby

Anonymous said...

Hey my one and only most wonderful daughter...known to some as Grace...I'm hear and ready to celebrate...
God shined today and a new little soul is here to live with us...I was blessed to witness it! Thank you for your patience....
I'll love you forever...
Mom...or Suela