Monday, December 18, 2006

On the Mend

You know yesterday was a bad day, when I feel like I've accomplished something by taking a shower, and putting on clean clothes. I couldn't even stand-up long enough to take a shower yesterday. I don't think I've gone a full day without a shower since I was about ten years old, except maybe when I was in the hospital for two weeks after Prophet was born and had the bowel-resection. Even then, my mom brought in Bath and Body Works shower gel and lotion and my nurse (Rosanne) would give me a sponge bath.

Thankfully it doesn't seem to have hit either of the boys as hard. Drama King hasn't thrown-up since 2 am or so and Prophet hasn't since later yesterday afternoon.
I got bowls of jello for the three of this morning and 45 minutes later Prophet was asking when he could have breakfast. He wasn't very happy when I told him the jello was his breakfast. Drama King's not happy because his lunch is gonna be chicken-noodle-soup. He claims he doesn't like it... that's news to me.

So I have all three kids at home with me today. Thankfully we live in the times we do and I have the TV to keep them occupied. Although finding something acceptable for two 2nd graders to watch on a weekday morning can be interesting. I'm still tired and pathetic, but at least I got up the energy to "wash the stink off" as my mom has been known to say.

This has ruined the boys perfect attendance at school. In his three prior years of school, Prophet has never made it until December without many days already being gone. Because of his prematurity, whenever he gets sick with something that everyone else has, he gets sicker than everyone else and for longer. He'd end up losing weight because his coughing would lead to vomiting constantly. We've been thru many inhalers, used the nebulizers, and all. Thankfully last year he finally seems to be growing out of that stage. I hope this trend continues!!

Hopefully we're all gonna be able to get together with Brother and Mrs. Clean the day after Christmas since we weren't able to be together this weekend. Well, it's time to start washing all the blankets, sheets, towels, etc., and keep spraying the entire house with Lysol. Of course, Smart Guy still hasn't got this crap. If he does, I'll blow up the air mattress and put him in the closet until its gone!!

2 comments:

FarmWife said...

Glad to hear you all are on the mend! Hope it stays that way...and that Smart Guy stays well!

Marianne said...

I am glad to hear that everyone is doing better... It is not fun to have a sick sitter :( Hope to see you in the morning with billy boy!!